WE ARE A CATRIKE CONCEPT STORE & FLORIDA'S ONLY AZUB DEALER

Come and test ride a Made in the USA Catrike on our beautiful 46 mile long rail trail.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Babe I'm leavin' must be on my way!

                                                                                                                               7/15/13
Left Floral City at 9:05 on July 9th and made our way to our first stop at Trader Joe's in Gainsville FL. to stock up supplies then a quick stop at a Camping World for a Oxigenics shower head.
Had a good lunch at a place called The Pig in SC. BBQ pulled pork, yum!
    As the song said, Green Acres is the place to be, well there we were at Green Acres camp ground in Walterboro SC.  We've stayed here before being a Good SAm park for 26. per/nite.  They've had a wet spring and the mosquito feeding frenzy kept us inside most of the night.
     July 10, on the road by 7:50 and while stopped at a rest area managed to lock my ignition keys in the van with Cindy's purse where her keys were so now we are in the parking lot in the blazing sun trying pay phones, yeah the cell phones were in the van with the keys of course.  Hey, if your gonna screw up do it well I say. While Cindy was on a kind women's cell phone going through automated voice response to Good Sam roadside assistance I grabbed a shepherds hook which is used to hang a bird feeder from the camper and bent it to snag my keys off the drivers seat where they had fallen from my belt loop.  I actually managed to do this but dropped them when they were almost to the window on the passenger side which was left open an inch.  I then bent the hook more and fished Cindy's purse from under her seat, got her set of keys and yeeehaaa, got in.  Called Good Sam and canceled the rescue and resumed our Northward trek.
     Next overnight was Camp Creek state park in WVa. ust off I-77.  Very nice level paved sites, great clean restrooms and showers,  hiking trails, water falls and recreation areas. 26. per/nite.
     A stop over at Coopers Rock st park was thrown into the mix where I spent lot of time as a kid climbing around on the rocks at the overlook.  Now sitting in my sister's drive way in Canonsburg PA. after a wine tasting and dinner for my cousin Ray's birthday last night.  Tonight my sister has planned a birthday celebration for me with my mom at the nursing home with chocolate cake then we'll go out for pizza.  Happy "61" to me.
    Luna is turning out to be a really great dog to travel with so far.  Loves to hike and bike, and is getting along well with Cheyenne my sisters chocolate lab. 




No comments:

Post a Comment